Bungie resets the rank and credits of those who have been exploiting challanges.
Well, its happened. It is a glorious day for all us who don't abuse the system - with all those who have been manipulating their xboxs into letting them compete the lucrative daily challenges as many times as they want per-day, getting them hundreds of thousands of credits in a very short span of time.
Bungie has since taken the shiny new e-peen that these children have glitched themselves to and handed them back their starting Armour, rank and credits, as well as the slight scold of a 1 day XBL ban. More 'legitimate' forms of boosting, such as playing Gruntpocalypse is still fine (however, that playlists xp is being reduced with the October Update.)
Here's a link to the law being laid down
The best part of all this? The delicious
By the way, Bungies' responce? basicly just 'u mad'
The most vicious, violent, hilarious 12 year olds had already been banned and their posts gone, shame.
But its a good day to not be a cheater :D
Thursday, September 30, 2010
The director of Batman Begins and the smash hit The Dark Knight has finally confirmed that he will direct a third Batman movie.
It's been the source of rumor and speculation ever since The Dark Knight was released, and after Nolan's success with this summer's Inception, it was never a sure deal. But Nolan has decided that he will not follow in the footsteps of Batman directors before him, namely Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher, by bowing out after two films. There is no word on what the third Batman film will be about or what villain will take center stage, but at least we know that the series is still in good hands.
Of course, getting him to confirm it took some doing from the interviewer at Empire. "It's becoming inevitable, I'll put it that way," says Nolan. "I feel myself falling into it, I guess. And getting it all figured out and I'm pretty excited about what we're doing so. If I haven't announced it, I think that people probably all know at this point that I'm doing it."
So, what? Can we say that you are you doing it or not?
"I think you can at this point, yes."
Ok, good. Whew.
Nolan also hinted that he is working on the script now with his brother, Jonathan Nolan, who wrote the screenplay for the Dark Knight, as well as the short story that was the basis of Nolan's first film, Memento.
With Warner Bros. announcing a 2012 release date back in May, it finally seems like a third Batman might actually happen. Now it just has to compete for our attention with Avengers, Thor, Nolan's own Superman: Man of Steel, Green Lantern, Antman, Green Hornet, Spiderman, Deadpool, X-Men: First Class, R.E.D. ...
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Treyarch is bringing zombies back in Call of Duty: Black Ops, but probably not the same ones seen previously in World at War.
In the past few months, zombies were all but officially confirmed to be making a return in Call of Duty: Black Ops through a retail description, recent strategy guide listing, and various other channels. Now that we can stop speculating and know they'll be included, Treyarch has revealed that the studio will likely be making zombies even cooler than they were in Call of Duty: World at War's Nazi Zombies mode.
What made this World at War mode so fun was the ability to team up with friends to just annihilate wave after wave of zombie attackers while defending an area. It also had a bit of story attached to it, though this wasn't exactly the main focus.
Treyarch recently alluded to Edge magazine that Black Ops' zombie mode will improve on World at War's, possibly with more story. "We continued to evolve [Nazi Zombies] after World At War," Treyarch head Mark Lamia said. "There was a dialogue going on with some of our hardcore community, and we were able to interact with the community and evolve. We did that with our zombie lore."
Treyarch could plan on keeping the "zombie lore" going, as Lamia looks back positively on interaction with fans. "I definitely think there's something very exciting about interacting in a live way, and being able to respond," he added.
Black Ops takes place decades later than World at War, but zombies potentially have an unlimited life expectancy and may have survived in an underground bunker somewhere, or some psycho just created brand new ones. We'll have to wait to know if they're connected or not until more information comes out on the upcoming mode in Black Ops, or until November 9 when the game is released.
I, however, was saying from the start they'd have something akin to "Vampire Vietcong" the moment their first trailer revealed the time period.
Monday, September 27, 2010
There's a whole world of "serious games" out there, and Crytek has a secret studio set up to tap into it.
With six studios around the world, Crytek is surprisingly large for a company that has only released three games in ten years. That's because not all of its revenue comes from making games, or at least, not the games that end up on shelves for people to buy. Crytek also makes money with what CEO Cevat Yerli refers to as a "secretive engine business," with a lot of military companies as customers.
Yerli says that Crytek actually has seven studios, but that the seventh isn't named Crytek like the others and works solely on non-entertainment projects. Crytek supplies the military with technology, simulations software, training programs and anything else it may want and/or need. As well as its military contracts, Crytek also works with a number of gas and oil companies, and Yerli says that there's an entire industry around making serious games that runs parallel to entertainment software.
Crytek certainly isn't the first games company to provide technology to the military. Games like Full Spectrum Warrior and SWAT 4 have been used as training tools by various forces around the world, and the US Army even produced a game of its own - America's Army - to help with recruitment. Looks like we're getting a little closer to a Deus Ex style dystopia every day.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
The Prince of Persia franchise may have dodged a bullet this generation, saving fans from the discomfort of seeing the series thrust into the modern age, an idea that was ultimately scrapped for a PoP reboot of a different nature.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution art director Jonathan Jacques-Belletête tells CVG that he once led a small team of Ubisoft developers on a project that would have starred a modern day prince platforming through a post-apocalyptic desert world.
“Think a bit Day After Tomorrow, but replace the snow with sand and everything,” Jacques-Belletête says of the scrapped Prince of Persia. The designer says that Ubi sought something “completely out of the left field”, but nixed that project in favour of the stylised 2008 Prince of Persia.
Given the somewhat rocky nature of the Prince of Persia brand over the past decade, it wouldn’t have come as too much of a surprise to see such a serious shake-up. But it sure sounds… scary. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for new directions on ideas, but something so radical in the hands of Ubisoft? Yeah, VERY glad that didn't happen.